Here you get a great recipe for zucchini boats with a spiced-up ground beef and vegetable stuffing. We use the zucchini meat as part of the stuffing in order to not waste such a great ingredient.
Ingredients for 4 persons:
1/2 kg / 1 pound of ground beef
2 small or 1 large onion
4 cloves of garlic, minced
1 tsp of dry basilic
2 tsp ground cumin
10cherry tomatoes, chopped up finely
3 tbsp breadcrumbs
200 gr. / 7 oz yellow cheddar, shredded
150 gr. / 5 oz. parmesan cheese, shredded
salt & pepper
For the tomato sauce:
1 can / 14,5 oz. whole peeled tomatoes
1-2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
2 cloves of garlic, minced
salt & pepper
a pinch of sugar
- Half each zucchini and scoop out the flesh of each one.
- Chop up the flesh into smaller bits.
- Fry minced beef in neutral oil at medium to high heat until most water has evaporated.
- Add chopped onions and fry until transluscent.
- Add chopped cherry tomatoes and zucchini flesh to the pan and let water evaporate.
- Add spices and garlic to the pan and season to your liking.
- Remove the filling and transfer to two bowls to cool off slightly (20 minutes or so).
- In a clean bowl: mix can of tomatoes with garlic, balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper until almost homogenous. Mash the omatoes a bit.
- Add grated cheddar and parmesan cheese and eggs to the filling. Mix well.
- Add the tomato sauce to a rectangular lasagna dish and place zucchini boats on top.
- Fill each boat with the filling and top with more cheese for garnish.
- Cook in the oven 40 minutes at 200 deg. C / 390 deg. F
- Let the zucchini boats cool off slightly (15 min or so) before serving with tomato sauce and fx. cooked rice, a good loaf of bread or pasta!
Lucid Dreamer by Spazz Cardigan
YouTube Royalty Free Music